Many people ask me why they need a website.
All of us are working hard trying to make ends meet. There is just not enough time for everything you need to do and for that reason a website falls by the way side.
But why should you have one?
- Credibility: A website says here I am and I mean business.
- More Customers: 2.4 billion people use the internet every day.
- Save Money: You can reach a lot more people with a website and social media than with traditional advertising methods.
- Target a Wider Audience: You can reach clients in remote locations and therefore even do business when you are away from office.
- Professional: By having a domain/website you can have your own email address @whateveryouwant.co.za. In other words, even though you love your email@example.com it just doesn’t resonate with customers.
So how does one get a website?
If you stop and think about it, a website will not be any skin of your back as you won’t have to design it yourself. That’s why you get professionals that do it for you. People who do this sort of thing day in and day out will be able to give you the best options available.
Wait, I know what you are thinking: This will cost me an arm and a leg. That might have been the case 30 years ago when the internet just stared out and people still read books. Fast-forward to today and you now jump on the internet for almost anything. It’s your own personal encyclopaedia without having to go to the library as you did when you were a kid. Who still owns or knows how to read a map. Now you tell your GPS where you want to be and off you go.
Like everything else, technology has improved and became cheaper. This is the case with Websites as well. If you don’t need to have a complicated e-commerce site then you don’t have to pay for something so elaborate.
So what does a website designer need?
All that a website designer needs is information about your business. This I cannot stress enough. Clients, i.e. you, are the only people that know all the ins and outs about your business. It might seem like web designers can read minds, but let me tell you, it’s just not possible.
- Sit and think about what services you deliver or products you offer.
- What makes your business different or better?
- Do you have a logo and do you know where it is saved?
- Is your logo in hi def? It creates an unprofessional look if your images or logos are pixelating on any of your paperwork and even more so on a website.
- Think about what you what to get out of your website. Do you want people to contact you via email or phone call?
Small things like this can make a huge difference. Get these in order and you will be pleasantly surprised just how fast you can have an amazing website.
If you still need convincing then please take the time to read through our infographic. By doing that it will give you 5 great reasons why you need a website and what it can do for you.
Until next time, happy surfing!