Are you in the process of creating a new Ecommerce website? Want to know the design features you should consider for your Ecommerce product pages?
Breaking it down as follows:
- Above the fold
- Below the fold
Check out the infographic for more detail.
Above the fold:
- Customer service phone number in the header.
- Bread crumb navigation.
- Name of the product in big and bold font.
- Reviews of the product using 5-star format: Product pages with reviews convert 58% more and increase revenue by 62% more.
- Multiple product pictures.
- Video of the product: Ice.com increased conversion by 144% after adding videos on product pages.
- Show regular price of the product and the sale price of the product.
- Invoke product scarcity: ex, only X left in stock etc.
- Free shipping (or Mention shipping cost).
- Show product variations: Size and colour etc.
- Call to action button: Add to cart or Buy Now button.
- Most important features of the product that matters to the buyer should be listed.
- Add to Wish list option.
- integrate social share buttons.
Below the fold:
- Product Detail section: High quality and original product description with at least 500 words.
- Product SKU/Code: Users like to compare prices. UPC codes on the page make it easy for the search engine to list your page when searched by a UPC code.
- Clean and easy to read font.
- Product dimension if it matters to the user. Product weight and Product origin if important.
- Comparison table with other models or product variations.
- Detailed customer reviews.
- Review form to allow buyers to leave a review.
- Trust badges to invoke trust: 61% of respondents cancelled a purchase all because trust badges were missing on the site.
- Call to action button again below the fold.
- Section for FAQ.
- Allow customers to ask questions about the product which you can then answer.
- Show other related products.
- Show return policy: one or two sentence return policies are better. 63% of American consumers check the online return policy before making a purchase.
- Show any Guarantees or Warranties.
- To contain Contact details and address.
- Business hours.
- Follow us section with icons of social media platforms that your business is using.
- Sign Up or Newsletter option.
Article courtesy of Red website design